Build, invest, educate, and partner for Web3 adoption of Cardano
EMURGO is a founding member of the Cardano blockchain, one of the largest blockchain networks by market capitalization. Cardano differentiates itself from other networks as it has been built using a research-first approach using engineering best practices and is considered to be one of the biggest environmentally-friendly blockchains.
Cardano aims to provide accessible economic services to everyone through its open-source blockchain platform which can host scalable decentralized applications for finance, digital property, identity, data, and more.
Headquartered in Singapore, EMURGO also has offices in Indonesia, India, the US, the Middle East, and Africa to have a global reach. EMURGO’s mission is to make Cardano the most adopted blockchain network by developers and users.
To achieve this mission, EMURGO has been doing the following:
- Investing in Web3 and blockchain startups that offer solutions demonstrating synergy with Cardano
- Training new Cardano developers to build solutions on Cardano
- Forging strategic partnerships to help identify potential Web3 investment opportunities that can bring value to Cardano
- Directly building products and services for the Cardano community
EMURGO Ventures funds Web3 and blockchain startups worldwide
Launched in September 2021 as part of EMURGO’s $100 million Cardano ecosystem investment vehicle, EMURGO Ventures is an investment arm that focuses on investing in Web3 blockchain startups and middleware companies building solutions and services that display synergy with the Cardano blockchain.
To date, EMURGO Ventures has invested in:
- Wave Financial ADA Yield Fund to provide liquidity for Cardano’s DeFi ecosystem
- Fourier Labs to allow EVM-compatible projects to migrate to Cardano
- Partisia Blockchain to bring privacy-preserving zero-knowledge (ZK), multi-party computation (MPC) to Cardano dApps
- Blockpass to provide Cardano dApp builders with simple KYC tools
- AID:Tech to support the development of “volunteer-to-earn” wallet and empower those who volunteer at corporates, sports organizations, universities, NGOs, and charities to lead impactful initiatives
- DoraHacks to partner with the largest multi-chain Web3 developer community to host Cardano hackathons and developer events
EMURGO Middle East & Africa invests in local startups driving Africa’s Web3 development
EMURGO Middle East & Africa (EMURGO MEA) also launched in October 2021 as the other half of EMURGO’s $100 million Cardano ecosystem investment vehicle.
Based in Dubai, EMURGO MEA invests in Web3 and blockchain startups, primarily targeting the African continent.
In terms of the global blockchain industry, Africa is expected to possess a 30% market share by 2028, growing from a $1.1 billion market in 2020 to $134.9 billion. According to Chainalysis, Africa’s cryptocurrency and Web3 market has “some of the highest grassroots adoptions in the world” and is “the third-fastest growing cryptocurrency economy.” Regarding cross-border and P2P transactions, Africans have embraced Web3 and blockchain as a use case
To meet this surge in demand for blockchain over the coming years, EMURGO MEA has partnered with a few regional partners to identify investment opportunities and nurture local blockchain talent.
EMURGO MEA has partnered with the following local entities:
- Adanian Labs to invest and incubate local Web3 startups
- Partnered with Everest Ventures Group to launch the Adaverse accelerator program for Cardano. Adaverse has invested in thirteen crypto-native startups and aims to support more promising game-changing solutions in the African ecosystem
Kepple Africa Ventures to invest in Web3 opportunities building on Cardano
EMURGO Academy educates and trains new Cardano developers
EMURGO Academy is the education arm of EMURGO. Launched in February 2019, EMURGO Academy currently offers six different tailored courses for developers and business professionals to learn about the Cardano blockchain.
Taught by professionals with blockchain industry experience, EMURGO Academy’s courses are taught online and provide curated educational content with practical hands-on experience. Students taking the Cardano Developer course will be able to develop on Cardano upon graduation.
Some more information about EMURGO Academy to date:
- 2,500+ certified learners, including 2,100 for Cardano-specific courses to-date
- 18+ university collaborations to provide blockchain learning to students
- Global student profile from 21+ countries around the world
- Expected to certify 2,000+ new blockchain learners in 2022
EMURGO has been investing in Cardano education to create a deep pool of Cardano developer talent that can join existing Cardano-based Web3 projects or develop their blockchain projects on Cardano.
Let’s discuss Web3 and Cardano. Meet EMURGO at TOKEN2049 in Singapore
EMURGO solves your blockchain and Web3 needs by leveraging Cardano’s peer-reviewed blockchain platform to provide a unique solution. We can help bring your startup or enterprise into the Cardano ecosystem.
As a founding entity of Cardano, EMURGO possesses the resources to invest in and support your blockchain project or existing business.
EMURGO will be at the upcoming TOKEN2049 conference in Singapore on September 28-29, 2022 (Booth P44) to discuss how Cardano and Web3 can bring value to your project or organization.
For questions, please contact email@example.com
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Website: emurgo.io
- Twitter (Global): @EMURGO_io
- YouTube: EMURGO channel
- Discord: EMURGO Community
- Facebook: @EMURGO.io
- Instagram: @EMURGO_io
- LinkedIn: @EMURGO_io